• Home
  • Family Immigration

Family Immigration

The British government offers a variety of visas that may be suitable for the movement of relatives to the UK. These visas are all kept under the umbrella of the Family Visa and cover the vast majority of relationships that can be used in order to enter the UK to live and work. In the following sections, we will list these visas and give you a little more information about them. Follow the links in the section for further information on any of the specific relationships that are covered by the Family Visa.

Partner or Spouse Visa

This visa is specifically designed for those who have a partner or spouse who is either a British citizen or has Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK. It is also used after a Fiancé Visa for those who intend to marry in the UK. Click the link in order to find out more about the Partner or Spouse Visa and how we can help you.

Parent visa

The Parent Visa is used when you are applying to live in the UK with your child. The visa is suitable for parents of children who were either born in the UK, have Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK or have lived in the UK for a specific amount of time. Click the link to find out more about this visa and how it can be used to help you move to the UK as a parent.

Child visa

The child visa is for children to join with either a parent or guardian in the UK. At least one of the parents will need to have the right to remain in the UK. There are also various other visa conditions that must be met in order for a child to be able to move to the UK. This page has all of the relevant information required to help.

Adult Coming To The UK To Be Cared For By A Relative

This visa option covers the requirement for adults that need to come to the UK to be cared for by a relative. The option is ideal to join family members that are able to give the care and support needed to support them, and the UK offers an excellent environment for care to be given. Click the link to find out more about this visa.

On The Basis Of Your Private Life

This visa is designed to cater for those who have been in the UK for an extended period but require a visa to ensure their continual residence in the UK. This is used to cover a multitude of reasons that people have not been able to safeguard their residence and is extremely useful to those who have been in the UK for a number of years. Follow the link for more about this visa to see if it may be a suitable option for you or a family member.

Relative Of EU Citizen Living In The UK

Before Brexit changes the landscape for EU citizens living in the UK, there are options open to those who are looking to join a family member who is an EU citizen in the UK. For more information on your options, follow this link.

British Citizenship For Those Living Abroad

Another way of moving to the UK under the umbrella of the Family Visa system is as someone who has the right to British citizenship, but is not currently residing in the UK. Follow the link to see if you can qualify to move to the UK as someone who has a right to British citizenship.