PERMITTED PAID ENGAGEMENT VISA
You may be able to visit the UK for a paid engagement if you’ve been invited as an expert in your profession.
To satisfy the requirements for a Permitted Paid Engagement visa, you must show that:
- you’re 18 or over
- you’re visiting the UK for no more than 1 month
- you’ve been formally invited and paid by a UK-based organisation to attend an event or other permitted engagement
- you’ll leave the UK at the end of your visit
- you will not live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits, or make the UK your main home
- you’re able to support yourself during your trip (or have funding from someone else to support you)
- you’re able to pay for your return or onward journey (or have funding from someone else to pay for the journey)
- you have proof of any business or other activities you want to do in the UK, as allowed by the Visitor Rules
You can be invited by a UK-based organisation or client to:
- be a student examiner or assessor
- take part in selection panels as a highly qualified academic if you’re invited by an education, arts or research organisation
- give lectures at a higher education institution, as long as it’s not a part-time or full-time role
- examine UK-based pilots so they meet the standards of the country you come from if you’re invited by an approved UK training organisation regulated by the UK Civil Aviation Authority
- provide advocacy in a particular area of law
- take part in arts, entertainment or sporting activities including broadcasting
- take part in fashion modelling assignments
- You can also do minor activities related to your work or business overseas, such as attending meetings.
- do paid work unrelated to your main job or area of expertise at home, other than what’s allowed by your visa
- extend this visa or switch to another visa
- live in the UK for extended periods
- get public funds (benefits)
- marry or register a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership
- bring family members (‘dependants’) with you on your application – they must apply separately
Fairmont Lawyers can provide you with professional legal assistance every step of the way to obtain a Permitted Paid Engagement Visitor visa.
You can stay in the UK for up to 1 month.
The earliest you can apply is 3 months before you travel to the UK.
A Permitted Paid Engagement visa costs £95.
You’ll usually get a decision on your visa within3 weeks. A Priority Service may be available at an additional cost.