• Home
  • Tier 2 General visa

Tier 2 General visa

The Tier 2 visa also known as a work visa is the foremost way for UK immigration trained workers coming to the UK to take up employment. The need to apply for this visa will first be as a result of a job offer and a certificate of sponsorship in the UK. Your sponsor’s role ought to be above NQF level 6 and your salary must meet the stated requirement. The application will further give you more information which includes how much you will be paid.

Tier 2 Visa Application

Your visa application can begin 3 months before the stipulated day of resumption at your new office. You can also find your resumption due date on your certificate of sponsorship, although the duration may vary from country to country. You will have to verify your country’s processing period during your application inquiry.

You are likely to get feedback on your visa within 3 weeks when applying outside the UK. The Tier 2 visa allows you to stay in the UK for up to 5 years once your visa application has been approved; having met the requirements.

Tier 2 sponsorship License

The Tier 2 sponsorship license is an authorization that must be presented by the company that has employed you to work in the UK. Without the sponsor license, the employer will be unable to hire new skilled workers from outside the EU under a Tier 2 visa or extend work permits for current employees. Therefore, an employee must produce a copy of the sponsor license when applying for a work visa. This license is a prerequisite to being granted the Tier 2 visa.

Tier 2 visa categories

Apart from the Tier 2 sponsorship license, there are other categories of the Tier 2 visa an applicant can be qualified for; depending on the type of work aimed at in the UK.

These categories include:

  • Tier 2 General Visa.
  • Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer Visa.
  • Tier 2 Visa Points System.
  • UK Visa Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsorship.
  • Tier 2 sponsorship license applications and reporting duties.
  • UK Tier 2 Shortage Occupation List.
  • Tier 2 Minister of Religion Visa.
  • Tier 2 Sportsperson Visa.

For more information on the categories of the Tier 2 visa, the sponsor license, application processes, duration, general assistance, and advice, please contact our immigration lawyers.