Student Visa

Student Visa

If you are intending to study in the UK, you will be needing to apply for the student visa, going through the Home Office. The UK Tier 4 visa, also known as student visa allows immigrants and non-EEA nationals to school in the UK on various levels.

In other to get the student visa, applicants are obligated to ensure they have a total of 40 points; 10 points for funds which include tuition fees and the cost of living whilst in the UK, and 30 points for a valid Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) approved by UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI).


The Tier 4 students visa category requires applicants to get an entry visa or clearance from the Home office which they must show evidence of the CAS from a licensed sponsor.

Other essential eligibility criteria include:

Age – You have to be 16 and above.

Can read, write, speak and generally have a good knowledge of the English language.

have been offered a course to study.

Maximum study time limits in the UK.

Are from a non-EEA country or Switzerland.

Must be financially buoyant to support yourself and pay for your Living and course (depending on the school chosen and course of study).

Specific requirements for postgraduate doctors or dentists on sponsorship to do a recognised Foundation programme in the UK.

Individuals on sponsor through a Government or international Scholarship agency

Interview with Entry Clearance Officers and security check.

Dependants & Extension

The Tier 4 Visa allows you bring your dependant(s) with proof of being able to sustain them financially without seeking for public funds. You may also be able to apply for visa extension should the need arise; following the required process.

When to apply

You can apply for a visa, 3 months before you begin your course going by the processing time of your country.

For more information and advice, contact our immigration specialists.